Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The whole blogging world is like a world in and of itself.  It's its own special culture with rules and other shit.

There are extremely popular blogs and then some measly little ones like mine.  I'm totally fine with my blog being a little speck of dust in the blogging world.  I started this thing like 4 years ago to write out my adventures and I'm so happy to have it.  I look back on some entries with a smile on my face and then I go back and read some and my heart kind of breaks for myself again. I share the good and the bad, the cute and the ugly.

Anyways, that's not why I started this. On some of the blogs I visit, they share their sponsors whom I sometimes go and check out.  I like reading new blogs.  I like seeing how other people live in their little parts of the world.  I've also been trying to reach out to more people lately and leave comments, get to know them, send some feelers out.  Let them know that in fact, someone is reading what they are writing.  I know I like to see that sometimes.

What disheartens me though is when I leave a comment and then the blogger responds in a not-so-nice way.  I usually try to keep my comments nice and sweet, so it confuses me.  Is it because my blog isn't popular enough?  Does she not like my hair? Ack, WHAT?  I also realize that some of these bloggers get hundreds of comments and they can't possibly respond to everyone and pat their heads but when I was the only comment in days, was it necessary to be bitchy about my innocent question? I thought that's why you sponsored other blogs, so new people could come see your little space on the internet.  But, if you are going to be a bitch to those new people, well, I'll just excuse myself and never come back.

It reminds me of high school and the cliques and why I am so glad I left that behind.

p.s. If you are a reader or commenter of this blog, thanks, to all 5 of you :) This rant is not about anyone who has posted a comment here or of the other lovely blogs I read.  This was a one and done scenario.

5 comments:

  1. I feel you, I hate it when you go out of your way to comment or talk to someone on Twitter etc. etc. etc. and they flat out ignore you, or respond in the most MINIMAL way possible. It's annoying. Especially because if anything big bloggers should kiss readers' asses because without us, they wouldn't be able to charge like $75 for a 200x200 little pixel spot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... what? Who are these bloggers? This hasn't happened to me before, and I really hope it doesn't! So far, everyone in the blogging community seems t be really nice. Like you! :)

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one blogger I've encountered (I don't have twitter) who shall remain nameless. :)

    and Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's happened to me a few times before too :( such a bummer. It really takes away from the awesome bloggin' buzz you can get when you actually do interact with super awesome people, which is why I LOVE the "little blogs". ;)

    ReplyDelete