Monday, September 12, 2011

This weekend I was this close to packing my bags and driving off into the sunset.  Last week I was hanging on by a thread.  I think we all get to that point at some point in our lives, and if you haven't, well bless you.

Sometimes I get so stressed and I start to take out my stresses on the people I love.  They do one thing wrong and I blow a fuse, a big huge messy fuse.  I try not to vent about Matt to my friends because I don't want it to color their view of him but sometimes you just need to let it out.  So that's what I did.  I packed a bag and drove to my friends house.  Out of the city, away from my responsibilities.  We drank a bottle of wine, gossiped, and I let everything go.  It felt good and was much needed.  I think it was exactly what I needed because I feel at peace today.  I still have a million things going on but I feel a little more in control.

We had a trip planned to Brimfield for awhile and we were not about to let a little life meltdown to get in the way.  I can't even explain how BIG Brimfield is.  I think we are going to go for a weekend next year because there is so much to see.  We also need to save money.  Neither of us had money to drop on vintage things but we wanted to!




Yesterday was spent getting all of my school work organized and the first week completed. I feel much better after spending a few hours hammering everything out.  Emma went to daycare and was absolutely pooped which made things easier.

I did take some time yesterday and watch some amazing stories of the people of 9/11.  Rising: The Rebuilding of Ground Zero was one of the best pieces I've seen thus far about this horrific day.  I had tears in my eyes through most of it but also let out some smiles.  We will move on, as hard as it is somedays.

No comments:

Post a Comment