Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Talk about mood swings and roller coasters of emotions. 


I've been seeing a lot more people complain about school and people calling it the "sophomore slump".  Only I'm like a super super sophomore and this slump has been going on for years. I need to look forward to the end though, by next December I'll have my associate of science, no student loans and I'll be done with school forever if I want!  I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself then.

I was talking to a friend last night about blogs and she asked me if I read Matt Longelin's blog. I said I did shortly after they lost Liz but hadn't checked in in awhile.  I sat there on my couch pouring over entries and crying my eyes out.  I read and read and will probably go home tonight and read some more.  This man has been through one of the most horrific things life can throw at you, along with getting a precious little girl out of it.  It also reminded me that I should be grateful for what I have going on in my life and being sad is kind of stupid.

I have so many things going for me, I should be proud of how far I've come and what's ahead.  Thinking about it kind of gets me excited.  This really is only the beginning.  This tough part of life is only the stepping stone and getting through these few years will all be worth and I'll come out stronger. I don't want to pat myself on the back too much but I should be proud of how far I've come considering my circumstances.

I plan to write more about that later today for journal day, which I've haven't done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment