Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I feel like I have 3480 things going on right now. Emma has a weird skin issue going on.  We thought it might be food allergies but we've eliminated everything but her dog food and she's not getting better :(  She has these little raised white bumps that also make her lose hair around the area.  She looks like a homeless dog. I made an appointment with a new vet this morning ($$$$$$$).  I'm not in love with our old vet.  The office was just chaotic and I was never quite sure what the vet was saying.  This new vet got good reviews on Yelp so I'm just hoping my wallet doesn't see too much damage.

It seems like we can't catch a break when it comes to finances.  Between some asshole hitting my car and just leaving it costing upwards of $1500 to fix, the dog, lawyers, etc, money just drains out of the house. I feel like we are never going to get ahead.  I want to start saving for a condo and there's nothing leftover to save.  What money I will be getting needs to go to next year's travels to Montana for a wedding which I won't miss, even if it means hitchhiking there. 

I've also been feeling the itch to move.  I've moved to different parts of the city ever since I moved to Massachusetts and staying put in our apartment seems weird.  I want to decorate a new space, without the "help" of Matt.  I've never met a guy who was so into "decorating:" and it drives me up the fucking wall.  If he had his choice our apartment would be all gray walls, black furniture and pictures of Scarface.  Sad to say, our apartment is headed that way.  I come home some days to SURPRISE decorating and a plaque of praying hands with x's on them are hanging by my door.  His idea of decorating is putting things on every single way.  No wall can be left blank, some stupid picture has to be affixed to it.  He hates color, I love color.  He hates painted furniture, I love painted furniture.

I think this is why decorating has been so slow going.  We have literally stopped talking to each other a few times because of it. We are also both extremely stubborn.  I'm getting irritated just typing this stuff out, HA. I want him to go away for a few days, me to have an endless flow of cash for to re-decorate while he is gone.  Two apartments is sounding better and better ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Emma might have dermatitis, which is basically just really sensitive skin. Spooky has it, and anytime she gets bit by anything (she always has a flea issue each summer), or her seasonal allergies flare up, she bites/chews her fur off because the dermatitis makes her so itchy. There isn't much that can be done, special shampoo that helps with the itching, and spray. Sometimes they'll give steroid shot. Good Luck! Let me know how she makes out!

    ReplyDelete