Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I have this weird issue going on with my brain where I feel like life is slipping by so incredibly fast that I can't keep up, yet I keep almost pushing life forward so I can get to the good stuff.

I want to be done with school, I want to buy a condo/house, I want marriage, I want babies, I want to further my career, I want Emma to be a lazy dog, I want to go on vacations and right now most of those are not happening.

Because of these goals of mine, I forget to live in the moment. I rush to work, come home and try to relax, only to do it again the next day. I need to stop and cherish these moments I do have. That sounds so cliche but it's true. I need to appreciate that fact of where I am in my life right now and realize that these are moments I will never get back.  When I eventually do have all of the stuff listed above, I will probably yearn for these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment