Monday, August 22, 2011

Matt had this Saturday off, again.  Working retail he very rarely gets a weekend off but things might be moving more towards that direction, yay!

We took full advantage of this and planned a fun day.


This included some walking, which if you have a child you know that they walk a mere 10 feet and start complaining about how tirrrrrrred they are.  We forged ahead though and eventually made it to our destination.

I saw posters at the train station about a Redbull Cliff Diving competition that was taking place in Boston.  Since there really are no cliffs to dive off of, they rigged a platform off of the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art).  Jumping from these heights scares the pants off of me and to make matters worse?  Jumping into the Boston Harbor.  No thank you!  We don't get the phrase, "I love that dirty water" for nothing.



(The last two pictures are from redbull.com)

It was very exciting to watch and kind of cool that Boston was the only stop in the mainland US. Other stops included France, Ukraine, Italy, Chile and wee little old Boston. A seemed to enjoy it as well.

I left early to go meet my friend for pedicures and movie going. A was SO pumped when he learned it was going to be GUYS NIGHT.Who knows what those two do during guys night but I'm glad they get to have them every so often. 


My friend and I had our toes done and then ran through Boston to make it to the movie in time.  We barely made it, the theater was jam packed but we still both enjoyed The Help.  I love movies that make you feel inspired to do better and be a better person. We've come a long way as a country and I hope we can keep moving forward.

Sunday I was on my own for most of the day with this little peanut.


We sat at the table and chatted for a bit :).  Matt has a fit with her sitting at the table but she enjoys looking out the window and pretending to be a human. Sometimes she climbs on the table like it's no big deal and that's when we have chat.



1 comment:

  1. Aww!!! Glad you got to have a fun day with your man :) those are the greatest! I love that my Matt gets weekends off now too!! <3

    ReplyDelete