Monday, August 15, 2011

I love taking pictures and wish I could take pictures everywhere I go but I feel awkward.  I'm not sure if I'm the only one.  I go out with friends and whipping out my huge clunker of a camera to take a shot of our beers just seems weird. I wish I could do it though!  Maybe I should get over it.

Friday night I went out with my friend Kristin.  She used to work with me at my old job and we were cubicle buddies.  When you spend 8+ hours a day sharing a cubicle with someone, you either love them or hate them.  I love her.  We had a lot of fun together and made that job somewhat more entertaining and bearable. She moved up here from Maryland to be with her boyfriend and now they are both moving back.  It makes me sad when good friends come into your life and then just as quickly, they go away.   I know we'll continue to stay friends and hopefully one day I can visit her down in Baltimore or DC or wherever she ends up living.

We had a beer, a very tall beer filled with blueberries, and tried to watch some football.  We gossiped about our old workplace (my god, does that place run full of crazies), talked about reality tv and life.  After our beers at Tavern in the Square (TITS, heh) we walked over to the Model. Kristin had never been there and everybody should experience that place at least once in their life. There were about 8 people sitting at the bar and as soon as we opened the door they all just stared at us. Nice and awkward!  Just how I like things.  We got another drink and sat down when a whole gaggle of boys whom I used to hang/make out with/do their hair with came in.  One of them used to be room-mates with my old roommate, its all very intertwined and weird.  Boston is extremely small so walking around you are sure to bump into someone you know, good or bad.  We talked with them for a bit and then hit the road.  Staying too late at the Model is bound to get you in trouble.

Saturday we dropped A off with Matt's mom and decided to take that opportunity and go to lunch and a movie!  On a Saturday!  Since we've been dating I don't think we've been able to do that.  We got to enjoy our lunch at My Thai without having to entertain a 5 year old with chopsticks.  We went and saw Horrible Bosses, which was pretty funny.  It was raining Sunday so I just puttered around the apartment and took Emma on 3489 walks.  I need to buy a treadmill for her to walk on.

This week should be busy, I'm excited.




1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with taking pictures. I always have good ideas, but feel weirdly hauling out my big camera. And I never have the courage to ask people if I can take a photo of them or stuff within their business.

    ReplyDelete