Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Three years ago I heard of the Casey Anthony case.  A beautiful little girl, Caylee, was found dead and her mother was the one accused.

I've been watching the trial for the past 40-some-odd days, even through the jury selection process.  I'm work in law and I find the court and legal system very fascinating.  I wanted to hear the evidence for myself.  I streamed the trial in the background while I was at work and watched when I had more down time.  I shed some tears, the testimony, pictures, it was all so real and raw.  The crime is unthinkable.

The jury started deliberations yesterday and it was just announced that a verdict had been reached. A wave of adrenaline rushed through me as I'm sitting on my couch.  I have no ties to this case but after following it closely for so long, I feel for her family. I want justice to be done for that beautiful little girl and as much as I didn't want to believe it, I believe Casey was her killer.

In about a half an hour we will know her fate.

ETA:  I'm shocked.  She was found not guilty on all three counts relating to the death of Caylee.  I really can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment