Friday, July 08, 2011

At work, I torture myself by looking at condo's I want to buy.  A girl can dream, right?  I'm putting my dreams into action though and I'm going to start saving so that hopefully in 1-2 years we can put down a down-payment.

Housing prices are extremely low right now and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Some talking head said prices could be low for the next 4-6 years but I don't think I want to wait that long. We want to buy something in the city but need to be within walking distance to the train and close to the highway for easier pick-ups and drop-offs with A. South Boston would be perfect.

With people paying $60,000 just for a parking space in Boston, we know we need to save our pennies.  Our rent is over $1100 so ideally we would like to purchase something that would keep our mortgage in that range.  Ideally in a few years we will also be making more money so it could go up some. We don't want to stretch ourselves too thing though and have no money for incidentals or anything fun.

It's been fun looking though and drooling.  I love the old charm that a lot of these condo's have.  They were built in the 1900's so the moldings, built-ins are all stuff I squeel over. Going to set-up my "buy a condo" fund now.

No comments:

Post a Comment