Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Back to work after my very nice, relaxing, long weekend.

Friday, my bosses let us go early so I jumped on the train and met my boys at the theater to see Cars 2.  $38 later we were sitting in the seats with our 3-D glasses on.  $38!  I love going to the movies so so much but cripes, I don't know if we can afford to go as often as we like. The movie was good, a little darker than the first but Adrian seemed to like it. 

Saturday we attended Matt's Grandmothers 80th birthday party!  She's quite the hoot and her house is near the ocean on the south shore.  His family was there (minus our new nephew, squee).  They had a kiddie pool out, bubbles, chalk, water balloons, and everybody seemed to have a good time.  I got some insanely cute pictures of the kids but in the interest of not wanting to put their faces on the internet, I won't.

Sunday, Matt worked and I puttered around the house.

Monday we both had the day off and took full advantage.  We took Emma to a local park/lake thing and walked the trails.  She saw the lake and started running full force and belly flopped in the water.  It was pretty adorable.  She swam more than I've seen her swim before, I think her confidence level is building.  I also think it was easier to swim there than at the ocean.  As we walked around the lake, anytime she saw a good chance to swim, she did. We came home and cleaned and then headed over to our friend's condo across the waterfront from downtown Boston and watched the fireworks on the roof deck.

Yesterday I did more puttering and napping.  It was hard for me to get up this morning and go back to work.  Short week though, and dinner and drinks tomorrow with some old co-workers, which should be fun.  Can't wait to hear the latest horror stories from my previous place of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment