Friday, December 01, 2006

I've been sick for most of the week. 'Tis fun! I haven't really been sick since I've been here and this week it wasn't so bad except for yesterday afternoon when I thought my head was going to pop off from all the congestion.

My host dad was gone for most of the week. (yes!) Things just run WAY more smoothly when he's not here. I don't know why. When he walks in the house everything falls apart. The house turns into a zoo and I don't like zoo's.

Tonight was no different. I told the kids that at 6 we could all sit down, cuddle and watch Rudolph. Perfect easy night. (My host parents are going out for dinner tonight so I can get away with this shit) Host Dad walks in the house at 5:40 and decides that he is going to whip out the fancy saw and start cutting the blocks of wood for the kids' derby race cars. Beh. The house.....it was a zoo. I couldn't get them settled down until 6:45. After he disrupted us he went upstairs and they got ready for dinner. So much for my nice low-key evening with the kiddies. Hmpf.

No comments:

Post a Comment