Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I haven't even started writing this post and I'm getting teary eyed. It's been an emotional day, even more emotional for me I think then when my blood nieces and nephews were born. I think it's just a different relationship with Nicole.

I consider Nicole one of my best friends but more than that. Everything is not always rainbows and butterflies with us which makes us more like sisters. We have been through a lot and at times I've wanted to strangle her, haha. I'm sure she's wanted to do the same. But we get through it and we still continue on. I love her like my sister and seeing her becoming a mom today was wild.

Got the call last night that her water broke and headed to the hospital a few hours later. We were told it was going to be 10 to 20 hours, I didn't believe them and was going to wait it out. At like 2 o'clock in the morning we all decided to head home, get a few hours of sleep and head back. I woke up at 7 and headed back to the hospital. Little did I know that 30 minutes after I arrived she would have the baby. We didn't find out until about an hour and half later.



John finally came out and told us all that a little Lucas Matthew was born. I was shocked, I thought all along it was a little girl. The family is so equipped for boys though and I can't imagine a little boy that wouldn't dream of growing up in a skate park.

Nicole looked amazing when I saw her, like she was on cloud nine. Didn't even seem like she just pushed a baby out!



I'm heading back up tomorrow to see them and visit a little longer. I'm so proud of Nicole and so excited for her and John and honored to be a part of this. I hope this little boy is ready for a life filled with crazy friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment