Monday, February 27, 2012

This weekend was refreshing.  I'm back at work Monday with a smile on my face again, ready to tackle the week.  I'm sure by Friday, I'll be ready to jump out the window, but for now, we're good!

This week we had A again since it was school vacation.  We wanted to do something fun instead of watching tv or playing wii so we headed out to Castle Island again with Matt's brother, girlfriend and niece.  This time Sullivan's was open which is a local icon in South Boston.  As soon as we walked in, Matt was asked for an interview by the Boston Globe.  I was warding off old ladies trying to cut me in line so I didn't get mentioned. Usually people steer clear of Matt because he's kind of scary looking.

This wind was absolutely insane this weekend so we stayed for about 3 minutes before deciding to go bowling instead.

Us girls sat and watched the boys and kids bowl because it was like $15 a person to bowl, how crazy is that?  I like bowling but not that much.
Last week we tried to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe but after hearing there was an hour and a half wait, meltdowns ensued (by the adults) and it didn't happen.  This weekend we were more prepared and we made a reservation for Saturday night.  This was both of the kids' first time to the Rainforest and their reactions to all of the theatrics were pretty darn cute.
We got a great seat right next to the aquarium and talked about all of the "Dory's" most of the night.  My heart started hurting when the bill came, but it's nice to have these fun adventures every once in awhile. 

After eating, Matt's brother's girlfriend (that's a mouthful), went shopping while the boys wrangled the kids.  We stopped in Forever 21 since I still had leftover gift cards from Christmas and I picked up a pair of Glee sweatpants.  Yeah. I'm wearing them all over my neighborhood while I walk Emma.  No shame! I also signed up for Hulu Plus so I could get caught up on season 3 of Glee and...

(spoilers ahead, don't keep reading if you don't want to know)


WHAT THE?  The last episode certainly was a heaving one but they can't leave us hanging like that.  Quinn is my favorite, if they kill her off, I'll be sad. I love how they go in depth to issues that are plaguing a lot of high schools these days though and the first part of that episode was...oof.  Okay, enough Glee talk.

I hope you all three of you had a lovely weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment