Friday, January 20, 2012

I don't handle stress well, as if that is not evident enough. Sometimes I need to wig out so that I can return my brain to feeling normal. This includes going off the deep end or having crying outbursts. The other night I wanted to have a good cry in the shower and my tear ducts would not work. Do you know how frustrating that is? I wanted to cry so bad just to get it out and I couldn't. I'm happy to report my tear ducts are working again and I feel a little more in control.

Boston was finally hit with like an inch of snow last night. Last year I think we had about 96 feet at this point so I'm welcoming the break. Although I do love looking at this beautiful city with a layer of snow on top. It covers up all the gross, dead looking trees and drab landscape. I also would rather have a few inches of snow than freezing cold temperatures, thankyouverymuch.


Tomorrow marks 6 years since I moved to Massachusetts. That's so crazy for me to think about. I can still remember landing at Logan Airport and feeling so completely out of place. I had never even been to this part of the country, yet here I was making myself a new home. I didn't know a single person and now I can say I have met some pretty amazing people and have wonderful friends. It's been a trip, that's for sure.

This weekend will be spent with dragging kids to go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D so I can relive some of my days when I was child. A group of my friends are also supposed to get together on Sunday for breakfast and gossip. Come Monday, school starts again. I'm trying to go in with an open mind, we'll see how long that lasts.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! You can do it! I worked full time while going to school full time and I was a total nut. BUT eventually I graduated and my pace normalized. I'm sure yours will, too. It's a pain in the ass but finishing school is worth the grief, even if it's only to be able to tell yourself you fucking did it! Seriously good luck! I understand what you're going through and sometimes it really does take a good cry to manage.

    ReplyDelete