Friday, January 06, 2012

A few weeks ago we learned that neighbor upstairs would be moving out. 

I didn't think anything of it until Matt went upstairs to see the apartment this past week and excitedly came running back downstairs and told us we needed to move up there. It's completely remolded, has 2 bedrooms, an open concept kitchen/living room, and a little deck.  They were only paying $70 more in rent then we are. 

I told him fine, text the landlord, don't get your hopes up, blah blah blah. I then found the listing on Craigslist and saw that they had now listed the apartment for $200 more than what the other guy was paying!  I had gotten my hopes up.  I started envisioning the layout of the place and got excited about a fresh start.  I really do like the apartment we are in now but we kind of just came in and slapped things on the walls and have never really "decorated". Most of the shit on the wall come's from Matt's bachelor days and if I could throw it in the trash, it would be gone in a heartbeat.

Our landlord eventually texted us back saying that the apartment had been rented.  Sad trombone.  Whoever is moving in there is getting ripped off though, no way that apartment should be rented for $1,375.  I also hope they are not loud people and walk around like elephants or play music loudly at 11 pm.  Joys of apartment living!

I decided though that it's about darn time to fix up our apartment though, yah know, with all of this money that doesn't exist.  First order of business is a DIY rug from IKEA.  I'll let you know how it goes and how many swear words exit my mouth when I'm attempting some chevron stripe shit.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed that you don't get loud neighbors. When my friend who lived above me moved out last July I inherited really loud, college age boy neighbors. I really miss the days of 1) having one of my besties live above me and 2) neighbors who don't stomp around at all hours.

    ReplyDelete