Thursday, April 07, 2011

I can't wait for this week to be over.  On Tuesday morning I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a bus.  I called out of work hoping this would be a one day sickness.  Matt was also home from work and was in such a great mood all day!  (that's sarcasm)  Needless to say I didn't really get much resting done.  Wednesday I toughed it out and tried to go to work.  I had to be in court which made it a little easier.  Wednesday night was accounting and to my surprise I got a 73.5 on my test.  I wanted to jump up and down in class because I was so excited but I refrained.  I'm definitely not totally understanding it but I think I might be on my way there.

This morning I woke up still feeling gross but tried to go to work, but it didn't turn out so good.  I only had 4 hours of sick time left which leaves me with a dilemma.  I'm obviously sick, hacking up my lungs, sneezing, eyes watering all over my cubicle yet I'm expected to work?  It doesn't make sense.  I'd rather take the 8 hours of pay and just stay home, which I'm sure my co-workers would appreciate as well.  One of the girls in our small department is also on vacation this week so I feel bad having to be out but I'm really not adding any sort of value when I'm there. We will see how tomorrow goes.  I'm trying to rest and while my eyelids are burning they are so tired, my body just won't sleep.  

On top of all of this my lovely boyfriend has been driving me up a wall. :)  It would be nice if he tried to pick up some slack while I'm sick.  He had an appointment to get tattooed over two hours away tonight and while I agree, tattoos are life threatening, I probably would have re-scheduled.  Leaving your sick girlfriend at home to deal with a 4 year old and crazy dog when she can barely move off the couch is probably not the greatest decision ever. 

I hope he doesn't expect me to actually be in a good mood tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment