Monday, April 11, 2011

I can't believe how fast that weekend went.  I blinked and it was over.  At least the sickness seems to be leaving our house, thank you

Had a low key weekend.  Emma seems to have boundless amounts of energy and even though we take her for approximately 18 walks a day, she still is energetic.  My friend invited me with her dog to a place called The Fells which is a huge open field with lot's of doggies running around. There are trails and a lake too.  It sounded like the perfect opportunity for Emma to go run so we went.  It was kind of crazy walking up to the field because there was sooo many dogs, almost intimidating. I was a little hesitant to let Emma off the least because I didn't want her running away but it's almost more dangerous keeping her on.  I let her off and she ran and played for hours! She played so well with all of the other dogs, I was a proud dog mama.  She went over to people and they would all pet her and tell her how pretty she was, of course!  At one point a dog the size of my hand came over and Emma started sniffing her.  I didn't want her to sniff too hard because this dog could have probably fit in her mouth but she did great, just sniffed and that was it. We also walked on the trails a bit and dipped her paws in the water.  I think she enjoyed it just as much, or more, than I did.

She was conked out for the better part of last night and I even had to wake her up this morning to take her out.  I think I might make this a weekly thing because she just has so much energy that needs to be let out.

No comments:

Post a Comment