Sunday, May 08, 2011

\

Since my own mother is on the other side of the country, I'm celebrating today with myself.  I called her to wish her a Happy Mother's Day she said "you too".  She retracted that statement and then said, "Well maybe half a Mother's Day".

Being a step-mom is tricky.  I guess I'm technically not one yet because Matt and I are not married but is marriage the only thing that makes someone a step-mom?  I've been in Adrian's life for almost two years and take on the duty of "mom" every week when he is with us.

Matt didn't say anything to me this morning so I'm not exactly sure when we cross that line over into celebrating this day.  There sure as hell isn't a manual for this whole step-mom gig.

Either way, I think Mom's of all situations deserve to be celebrated no matter how they came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment