Tuesday, December 07, 2010

This past weekend was hard. There is no other way to explain it. Adrian was fresh and then some. It just makes me so aggravated because Matt and I try so hard to get this little boy to behave and he goes home to his mother and it all goes to shit. He was such an adorable, caring little boy a few months ago and now something is changing.

He told Matt he didn't want to see him. I don't know, but I can't wrap my brain around a 4 year old saying this by himself. I know kids get upset and say mean things but he said it over and over again this weekend. Out of the blue.

We bend over backwards for him, and we are supposed to. We try and do fun things like the movies, special toys, fun nights, but we do expect him to behave. Nothing insane but enough to make him not be a hellion. I have a feeling his mother let's him to whatever he wants and there are no boundaries. This sucks for us because now we come off as the mean ones.

We are going to keep plugging away and try and reward the good things that he does and not draw too much attention to the bad. It's a fine line.

No comments:

Post a Comment