Thursday, October 07, 2010

Sitting in my little cubicle all day at work gets a tinge boring. But at least I have a cubiclemate! We have learned a lot about each other these past few months and it's nice to have someone to talk to during the day. She's older, divorced and has two younger daughters. We get along well, which is good.

She's been dating and has what I like to think is a crappy boyfriend right now. He doesn't want anything to do with her kids which is a huge red flag for me and would be a dealbreaker but she's holding out hope. They broke up about 3 weeks ago and she couldn't stay away. It drives me crazy but then I realize I was probably the exact same way when I was dealing with my break up.

Anyways-today we got on the discussion of Matt and I and she started saying things about how I should be out living my life, traveling and not tied down dating someone with a child. I mentioned to her that I have traveled the world and dating someone with a 4 year old doesn't automatically make us shut-ins. I love traveling and don't plan to ever stop, granted I haven't been anywhere this year but that's because of a new job and vacation time. I also stated that potentially within the next 3-4 years we would probably have a baby and she about died. She said I should wait until I was at least 30. I wanted to smack her. I'll be 27-28 years old if all pans out correctly and that is plenty 'old enough' to have a baby in my opinion. I don't want to be in my 30's when I have my first child. I want to be somewhat young. The whole conversation just took me by surprise and I was a little hurt. Matt and I have come a long way and he's great. He even called me today to say that he loved me and to see how I was, yet her boyfriend never even responded to the nice text she sent him this morning. Maybe she's just upset that her boyfriend is dick. She deserves better though and I'm very content with where I'm at in my life and where I'm going. It's not like I'm going to be on 16 and Pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment