Thursday, March 11, 2010

I feel like this past month of my emotional roller coaster is finally coming to an end.

Talking with him last night really showed me that he isn't putting forth the effort that is needed right now. I have given him plenty of time and space, held onto every ounce of hope that things would work out. After writing the post this morning and thinking more about it, I had to tell Matt that I was stepping away. I feel sad, sad that this chapter of my life is coming to an end. Sad that these two people whom I cared and loved deeply will not be a part of my future. I'm excited for the future though, for meeting new people and going on new adventures. It's still hard but I feel like I'm in a much better place than I was exactly a month ago. I'm letting go on my terms. I wished him the best and hope he gets the help that he needs.

Source

2 comments:

  1. proud of you heather. not easy at all. but you certainly sound much more "at ease" and at peace with your decision! you deserve the best, and i'm not being "cliche" here. you really do deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things didn't work out, but he wasn't the right guy for you. And you do sound at peace with your decision!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete