Saturday, April 11, 2009

All of a sudden my life has been throw into busy mode. I'm not liking it, I probably shouldn't even be writing this because I have so much to do.

I just had to jot down my first time ever getting pulled over. It's a historic moment in many peoples lives and mine was no different. Heather needed me to drive her to Southie to drop of some prints for her show next weekend. Of course I said yes. We're driving along and hit a red light. It turns green and the car in front of me just starts inching forward, I wait, he sits there so I honk and drive around him. This was legal because it was a one way street. Not even two seconds later he flips on his lights. I don't think I registered at this point that I was getting pulled over because, seriously, who gets pulled over for honking. Especially considering I always drive at least 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, I guess they don't care about that. The officer got out of his car and gave me a nice little chat about exactly what a horn is used for. Apparently it's not allowed to be used to tell people to "get the eff out of my way". I'm still cracking up about it.

Thursday night is free night at the ICA so we went. Shepard Fairy's art exhibit is being shown right now. He is the one that did the very popular Obama print.



I hadn't seen very much of his work before this but I'm in love with it! It's amazing. They had this huge piece of a little girl smelling a rose out of a grenade and I think it might be my favorite. The print in the show looked different than this but I like how he pastes them in cities.



Back to work. I have an interview today that I'm feeling very hopeful about, I really really need this job so I need it to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment