Monday, February 06, 2006

Dear Diary

I saw you looking at our table for at least a half an hour. You would look over and then talk to your friend. Your table had a lot of people at it-5 guys and 3 girls. I could tell your friend was giving you pointers on what to say to me. You both would look over and talk, don't be so obvious next time. Then one of the girls at your table would wonder what you were talking about and eventually she would look over. I pretended to watch the Superbowl, but I could see what was going on. I'm smart like that.

By the time you got up the courage to come over the butterflies in my stomache had gone down. I'm not very good at the whole meeting new people thing. You didn't walk straight to my table, instead you walked behind in and then finally to it. Nerves I guess. You were drunk and you had a very think New England accent so I couldn't hardly make out what you were saying. You asked me who I was rooting for. Seattle...duh. How could you not tell by all the "fucks" that were coming out of my mouth at the damn refs. You then asked me if I had been watching ESPN lately. No, I haven't. I've been wiping asses all day long, I don't have time to watch ESPN. I almost started asking you questions but I could tell you were embarrassed and you sort of walked away. It made me sad. Come back again drunk guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment