Saturday, February 04, 2006

Brokeback smokestack

I've now survived for two whole weeks. The transition between nannies has been very rough for the kids. Their old nanny was with them for almost 2 years so they don't quite know what to think of me yet. A lot of testing has also been going on. They want to see how far they can push me before I'll say something. I love the beginning phases of getting the children to like you. They also love Zaboomafoo which is driving me up the wall. Who in the hell thinks of these shows.

Last night I went out with some other nannies around the area. We went to this little supermarket and one of them bought some cigs. I was just standing there but for some reason the cashier carded me as well. It was a lady cashier and it happened to have the biggest mustache I've ever seen on a woman.

We then went to see Brokeback Mountain. I was so excited to see it because it's supposed to be this great film but I was kinda bummed. It was so freakin' long I that I almost left. We kept thinking it was going to end but it just kept having another scene after another. The scenery was beautiful though and it reminded me of home. *tear*

No comments:

Post a Comment