Friday, July 02, 2010

What a week! Matt and I enjoyed two days in NYC, but that's a whole other post in itself.

BUT...for now...I GOT A REAL JOB. I'm so excited, I've been smiling all day yesterday and today. This wasn't the job through my internship but with another law firm entirely. I went for the interview on Wednesday and they said they would get back to me next week. They called me the next day and offered me the position! I'm officially a legal assistant in the court results department and I start in a week. It's full time with really great benefits. It feels so good to have worked hard and now see things finally start coming together.

It's also bittersweet. To think I only have a week left watching Ellie makes me incredibly sad. I've been with her since she was six weeks old. We have so much fun together and even when I'm having a terrible day, I know her laughs and smiles will brighten it up. I know I'll still see them every now and then but not seeing her 4 days a week is going to be an adjustment. I've been doing this nanny gig for 6 years now and it's time for me to start my career. I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment