Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mourning my future

If you would have asked me three years ago where I wanted to be today...This would not be it.

My step-mom recently sent me my yearbook from the high school I attended up until halfway through my junior year. All I could do was cry. Looking at everyones senior pictures with their fake smiles plastered all over the place made me actually miss high school.

Why did my "dad" have to pull me out and make me homeschool a year and a half before I graduated? I wanted to graduate. I wanted to continue going to school...but no, he had to go and screw things up for me because he wanted to live closer to his girlfriend.

I wanted to go to college. I wanted to become a nurse. Those things are now becoming more of a dream, slipping further and further away.

I'm strong though and I will go on to accomplish the things that I've set before myself. It just might take me a little longer than my high school peers.

By the way...After looking through the yearbook I noticed that the "popular" girls got really ugly since I left. Ha! Bitches.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the last comment you put in and soooooo true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:59 PM

    ah, you've got plenty of time to do all that. there's no reason you have to do everything at the same pace as everyone else. when you get there you'll be wiser and more mature than everyone else. My sister did what you're doing and she's graduating from college now with almost a 4.0.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Ha, hell yeah popular girls get what they deserve :)

    ReplyDelete