Monday, May 24, 2010

I was going to write a post this weekend about friendships and how they take work. Lately I feel like I've been putting in a lot of work for some of my friendships and not getting a fair share back. I didn't write it though because I told myself that we all have busy lives and this is just the point we are at now and I should be grateful for what I do have.

Maybe my subconscious knew something was brewing because I got slapped across the face with it today.

This weekend was a baptism for a little boy whom I consider my nephew. I woke up Saturday not feeling well but told myself I needed to go. I drove over an hour to get there with a stop to cry. I got the the church and watched the baptism and proceeded to the house for a BBQ. Still wasn't feeling good so after about 45 minutes when another friend needed to leave, I also excused myself. I didn't mention why I was leaving, they were both busy. Should I have shot them a message later explaining why I left? Probably. The thought didn't even cross my mind though. My mind was on getting home and going to home to bed. I could understand being upset with me if I skipped out and went to hang out with another friend but that wasn't the case at all.

I texted her this morning to see if she was at work. We usually get online in the mornings and have our few minutes of gossip fest before work but she wasn't online. She replied later with an email explaining that she was hurt. And then went into more details about how she feels the only time I hang out anymore is for a potential boy connection.


I'm still kind of reeling and don't think I can express what I need to right now, so that will be for another day.

1 comment:

  1. heather, i'm not trying to "fix" any situation here... however, i do want to let you know a few things i've noticed. you DO do a lot of work to make friendships work. i've noticed that... and not just with me, but others too. you have come to visit us twice now, and we haven't made the trip up there to see you yet - you even came down for a 1 year olds b-day party. you've done a lot for me. i hope you know how much it means to me. i appreciate your friendship. hoping i haven't hurt you.

    ReplyDelete