Tuesday, May 18, 2010

After writing that last post and feeling somewhat stoked on life, I got kicked in the stomach with more news.

I texted Brit earlier in the day to make sure she was doing okay. She texted me back that she would call me later, things had been pretty hectic. I assumed she was at work, so around 7:30 she finally called.

Her voice was shaky, I knew something was wrong. She had said that she had been in the hospital for a bit.

I thought she miscarried. My heart sank, but I also almost let out a sigh of relief. I don't know if that makes me a terrible person but considering how this situation panned out, it was my first reaction.

The baby was fine. She was not. She took pills Sunday night, couldn't do it anymore. She realized that she would be hurting the baby so called the ambulance almost immediately. They flushed her system but she was still in and out of consciousness.

I don't even know what to say. My heart breaks for her. I wish I could do something, anything but just be there.

It almost feels surreal. I can't even process what would be happening right now if she was successful.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! the previous post was awesome news about a possible job opportunity - that sounds awesome, but this recent post made me sick to my stomach... i hurt for this girl - and for you, heather. what a sad situation!! keep me (or the blog) updated on her - i hope she is ok. how far along is she? sounds like she's got some miserable things going on in her life to make her feel so hopeless and depressed. i'm glad she's got you as a friend - you are a great friend to have.

    ReplyDelete