Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I feel like I'm in an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Mom needs heart transplant. Daughters halfway across the country. They need it soon or else she won't live. They have conversations about the will and the funeral and what not.

My life is a t.v. show.



It all feels so surreal. My mom is on ''the list'' for a heart transplant. Weird. Shes getting a beeper soon and then anytime after that she could be called in. I don't like being this far away from her in case something happens. It would take me a whole day to get there in an emergency, which doesn't sit well with me. She called me tonight to talk about the will and how I'll be getting money if she dies. Thats not important to me.

I want her to live and see me get married, and I don't want kids but she has other grandchildren that she needs to see grow up.

I'm flying over to see her for Christmas. She doesn't know, and it's so hard keeping it a surprise.

I wonder if she'll have a new heart by then.

2 comments:

  1. It would be so hard to be that far away from my mom during soemthing like that:( I hope everything goes well. ABout your post below-yeah that is pretty pathetic. I only judge when I am mad and that is wrong too. For the most part, I try not to be very judgemental. Everyone has their own way of doing things-I hate people that think their way is right and that they are fucking perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Oh my, I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this right now...will be thinking of you and crossing fingers (and other parts) that she gets one very soon...

    ReplyDelete