Thursday, September 08, 2005

Teenagers, Damn Teenagers

After getting back from vacation I recieved a lovely piece of mail which had the big words JURY SUMMONS written on it. I knew what this meant. Jury Duty!

I took the letter to my bosses and told them that I was being summoned for jury duty later this month. They pretty much jumped down my throat wondering how in the earth they were going to work this out, because yah know, they can't survive without me. I just let it go but I sat down and talked to Host Dad about it the next day.

After I asked him what the plan was he gets into this big long lecture about how he doesn't understand why 18 year olds are allowed to be on a jury in the first place and that these teenagers don't know what the hell they're doing and they can't decide a persons fate and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It got me thinking though. Do the people I work for really think I'm stupid?

1 comment:

  1. teenagers dont know what the hell they're doing and cant decide a persons fate... BUT CAN BE LEFT ALONE WITH MY CHILDREN? i think maybe he is the idiot? jury duty is way easier than helping raise children!

    ReplyDelete