Thursday, July 13, 2006

Berkeley is where I belong

I guess you could say I'm not the first person that would come to mind when you think of the word "nanny". I have my nose and lip pierced, two tattoos(so far) and my hair color changes about every six weeks.

Do these things make me a bad person? I sure hope not. But some people choose to believe differently.

I had another nanny friend whom I used to visit quite frequently. After meeting her host parents I knew they didn't like me. Their actions spoke WAY louder than words. They are conservative, and I am...not so much. I didn't mind them though. I respect them and what they choose to do with their life. They didn't have that consideration with me. After innocenlty visiting my friend about 5 times they kindly informed her that I was no longer welcome at their househould. They told her I was "to quite". ME? To quite? I know it's because my hair changes colors, and, well thats about it. I never really talked to them and they didn't even get to know me as a person. You look at these people on the streets with tattoos and piercings and think of them as weirdos. Some of them are, but most of them can be some of the nicest people you will ever meet. This family has since gotten a new nanny who is by far the most quite person I have ever met. I sure hope they are happy.

1 comment: